Regulatory information & privacy statement
The China Fund Inc
Some of the information on this website is provided by RCMAP Asia Pacific Limited ('RCMAP'), the investment manager to the China Fund Inc ('the fund'). RCMAP is authorised and regulated by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission ('SFC') and registered as an investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ('SEC'). It is incorporated with limited liability in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
The information on this website does not in any way constitute investment, tax, legal or other advice.
Please read the information below. It contains the legal and regulatory information that you need to be aware of before receiving any further information regarding this fund.
The information on this website is for educational purposes only. They do not constitute a recommendation on, an offer of or an invitation to apply for securities:
- In any jurisdiction where such recommendation, offer or invitation is unlawful or
- In which the person making such recommendation, offer or invitation is not qualified to do so or
- To whom it is unlawful to make such recommendation, offer or invitation.
The information contained in this website has been compiled with considerable care to ensure its accuracy at the date of publication. But no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made to its accuracy or completeness. All research or analysis dated prior to February 12, 2012 contained in this website has been procured by Martin Currie Inc. ("MC"), the former investment manager of this fund, for its own use. It is provided to you only incidentally, and any opinions expressed are subject to change without notice. Furthermore, all information and reports dated prior to February 12, 2012 that are made available on this page as a service to investors were prepared by or under the supervision of MC. RCMAP disclaims any responsibility for the completeness, accuracy or timeliness of the information contained in the said research, analysis, information and reports of MC.
About the fund
The fund is a closed-end fund and is classified as a 'non-diversified' investment company under the US Investment Company Act of 1940. This means that the fund is not limited by the 1940 Act in the proportion of its assets that may be invested in the securities of a single issuer and may be subject to a greater risk with respect to portfolio securities. Closed-end fund shares, unlike open-end fund shares, are not continuously offered. After the initial public offering, shares of closed-end funds are sold on the open market through a stock exchange. RCMAP has been appointed the investment manager of the fund.
- Investment in this region carries significant risk not typically associated with investing in securities of U.S. issuers, and investment should be regarded as long term in nature and is only suitable for investors who understand the risks involved. Risks generally include (a) greater social, economic and political uncertainty, (b) greater price volatility, substantially less liquidity and significantly smaller market capitalization of securities markets in which securities of China companies trade (particularly in China), (c) currency exchange rate fluctuation, currency blockage and higher rates of inflation, (d) controls on foreign investment and limitations on repatriation of invested capital and on the Fund's ability to exchange local currencies for U.S. dollars, (e) greater governmental involvement in and control over the economy, (f) the risk that the Chinese government may decide not to continue to support the economic reform programs implemented in 1978 and could return to the completely centrally planned economy that existed prior to 1978, (g) the risk of nationalization or expropriation of assets, (h) regulatory risks due to changes in legal, regulatory and tax rules and (i) the fact that China companies may be smaller, less seasoned and newly-organized companies.
- Performance data represents past performance and is not a guarantee to future returns. You may have a gain or a loss when you sell your shares. Investors should consider their own risk tolerance level and financial circumstances, and a fund's investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully, before investing. If you are in doubt as to whether a certain fund is suitable for you, you should seek independent financial and/or professional advice. The information contained in this website does not constitute an offer of, or an invitation to apply for, securities.
- Investment in derivative instruments, including futures, options or contracts for differences, carries a high risk of loss, the markets in these investments being highly volatile.
- Investment in the securities of smaller and unquoted companies can involve greater risk than is customarily associated with investment in larger, more established, companies.
- Shares of closed-end investment companies frequently trade at a discount from net asset value. This characteristic is a risk separate and distinct from the risk that a closed-end fund's net asset value will decrease. The Fund cannot predict whether its shares will trade at, below or above net asset value. Accordingly, the Common Stock of the Fund is designed primarily for long-term investors and should not be considered a vehicle for trading purposes.
For your protection, all telephone calls are usually recorded.
If you would like further information on the SFC or SEC, RCMAP's regulators, you can access their websites at www.sfc.hk and www.sec.gov.
Use of this website indicates your acceptance of the Regulatory information & privacy statement of this website. This website and the information contained within Regulatory information & terms and conditions may be altered and amended at any time without prior notice. Therefore, your continued use of this website indicates your acceptance of and acknowledgement of the Regulatory information & terms and conditions as amended.
These Terms and conditions were last revised in February 2012.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
RCMAP make no representations, warranties or undertakings about the information contained within the website. In addition, RCMAP make no such representations, warranties or undertaking about any website to which this website is linked and therefore you leave this website at your own risk.
You should note that there may be occasions during which this website becomes unavailable, through no fault of RCMAP. There may indeed be occasions where the website is taken offline in order to enhance and update it.
Due to the nature of the internet itself, no representations, warranties or undertakings is being made as to the accuracy of the content of this website or as to whether any information you download is virus or error-free.
RCMAP cannot accept any liability for any damages whatsoever arising to you as a result of your use of this website.
No part of the materials in this website may be reproduced in any form, or referred to in any other publication, without express written permission of RCMAP.
The fund collects non-public personal information about its shareholders from the following sources:
- Information it receives from shareholders on applications and other forms; and
- Information about shareholder transactions with the fund.
The fund's policy is not to disclose non-public personal information about its shareholders to non-affiliated third parties (other than disclosures permitted by law).
The fund restricts access to non-public personal information about its shareholders to those agents of the fund that need to know that information to provide products or services to shareholders. The fund maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal standards to guard its shareholders' non-public personal information.
Data Protection Notice
Any information with which you provide to RCMAP will be used by RCMAP and Allianz Group companies. RCMAP may collect personal information from you during your use of this website.
This website also automatically collects information from you during your visit to monitor preferences of users and aids in improving the website to meet your needs. This website uses resident cookies to store data on your hard disk for the purpose of identifying you when you return to the website. If you have resident cookies disabled in your browser, you are still able to use the site, but you will not have the benefit of an automatic login.
This website and the information contained within it is protected by copyright. Reproduction of all or any part of this website or any information contained within it is prohibited unless required for personal use.