Regulatory information & privacy statement
The China Fund Inc
Some of the information on this website is provided by Allianz Global Investors U.S. LLC ("AllianzGI US"), the investment manager to The China Fund Inc. ("the fund"). AllianzGI US is registered as an investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and serves as the fund's investment manager.
The information on this website does not in any way constitute investment, tax, legal or other advice. Nothing contained herein constitutes an offer, solicitation or recommendation regarding any investment management product or service, or the offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security; nor shall any such services be provided, or securities be offered or sold, in any jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation, provision or sale would be unlawful. All site content is subject to applicable statutes and regulations.
Please read the information below. It contains the legal and regulatory information that you need to be aware of before receiving any further information regarding this fund.
The information on this website is for educational purposes only. They do not constitute a recommendation on, an offer of or an invitation to apply for securities:
- In any jurisdiction where such recommendation, offer or invitation is unlawful or
- In which the person making such recommendation, offer or invitation is not qualified to do so or
- To whom it is unlawful to make such recommendation, offer or invitation.
The information contained in this website has been compiled with considerable care to ensure its accuracy at the date of publication. But no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made to its accuracy or completeness. Furthermore, all information and reports dated prior to February 12, 2012 that are made available on this page as a service to investors were prepared by or under the supervision of prior investment manager. AllianzGI US disclaims any responsibility for the completeness, accuracy or timeliness of the information contained in the said information and reports of prior investment manager.
About the fund
The fund is a closed-end fund and is classified as a 'non-diversified' investment company under the US Investment Company Act of 1940. This means that the fund is not limited by the 1940 Act in the proportion of its assets that may be invested in the securities of a single issuer and may be subject to a greater risk with respect to portfolio securities. Closed-end fund shares, unlike open-end fund shares, are not continuously offered. After the initial public offering, shares of closed-end funds are sold on the open market through a stock exchange. AllianzGI US has been appointed the investment manager of the fund.
- Investment in this region carries significant risk not typically associated with investing in securities of U.S. issuers, and investment should be regarded as long term in nature and is only suitable for investors who understand the risks involved. Risks generally include (a) greater social, economic and political uncertainty, (b) greater price volatility, substantially less liquidity and significantly smaller market capitalization of securities markets in which securities of China companies trade (particularly in China), (c) currency exchange rate fluctuation, currency blockage and higher rates of inflation, (d) controls on foreign investment and limitations on repatriation of invested capital and on the fund's ability to exchange local currencies for U.S. dollars, (e) greater governmental involvement in and control over the economy, (f) the risk that the Chinese government may decide not to continue to support the economic reform programs implemented in 1978 and could return to the completely centrally planned economy that existed prior to 1978, (g) the risk of nationalization or expropriation of assets, (h) regulatory risks due to changes in legal, regulatory and tax rules and (i) the fact that China companies may be smaller, less seasoned and newly-organized companies.
- Performance data represents past performance and is not a guarantee of future results. You may have a gain or a less when you sell your shares. Equities may decline in value due to both real and perceived general market, economic, and industry conditions. Foreign markets may be more volatile, less liquid, less transparent, and subject to less oversight, and values may fluctuate with currency exchange rates; these risks may be greater in emerging markets. The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up, and you may not recover the amount of your original investment. Investors should consider their own risk tolerance level and financial circumstances, and a fund's investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully, before investing. If you are in doubt as to whether a certain fund is suitable for you, you should seek independent financial and/or professional advice. The information contained in this website does not constitute an offer of, or an invitation to apply for, securities.
- Investment in derivative instruments, including futures, options or contracts for differences, carries a high risk of loss, the markets in these investments being highly volatile.
- Investment in the securities of smaller and unquoted companies can involve greater risk than is customarily associated with investment in larger, more established, companies.
- Shares of closed-end investment companies frequently trade at a discount from net asset value. This characteristic is a risk separate and distinct from the risk that a closed-end fund's net asset value will decrease. The fund cannot predict whether its shares will trade at, below or above net asset value. Accordingly, the Common Stock of the fund is designed primarily for long-term investors and should not be considered a vehicle for trading purposes.
For your protection, all telephone calls are usually recorded.
If you would like further information on the SEC regulator, please visit www.sec.gov.
Use of this website indicates your acceptance of the Regulatory information & privacy statement of this website. This website and the information contained within Regulatory information & terms and conditions may be altered and amended at any time without prior notice. Therefore, your continued use of this website indicates your acceptance of and acknowledgement of the Regulatory information & terms and conditions as amended.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Although AllianzGI US and the fund have taken reasonable care to ensure that the information contained within this website is accurate, no representation or warranty (including liability towards third parties), expressed or implied, is made as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness by AllianzGI US, the fund, or its contractual partners. Opinions and any other content on the website are provided by AllianzGI US and the fund for personal use and informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. Nothing contained on this website constitutes investment, legal, tax or other advice and is not to be relied on in making an investment or other decision.
The information and opinions contained on this website, including hyperlinks or references to other sites, are provided ‘as is’ without any warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law. You are responsible for evaluating the adequacy, accuracy, reliability, merchantability, non-infringement, completeness of any information or the content available on the website or fitness for any particular purpose with respect to the site or any of its content. AllianzGI US and the fund further assumes no responsibility for, and makes no warranties that, functions contained on this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the servers that make it available will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
Neither AllianzGI US, the fund, nor any of their affiliates, directors, officers, registered representatives or employees, nor any third party vendor, will be liable or have any liability, whether in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your access or use or inability to access or use the website or reliance on the content, or any failure of performance, interruption, defect, delay in transmission, computer viruses or other harmful components, or line or system failure associated with the website, regardless of our knowledge thereof.
Events Beyond AllianzGI US's and the fund’s Control
You expressly absolve and release AllianzGI US, the fund and their affiliates, related companies, and all of their officers, directors, employees, registered representatives, shareholders, legal representatives, attorneys, agents, successors and assigns, from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond its control including, but not limited to, the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses or software failures, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, acts of domestic or foreign terrorism or governmental restrictions.
You represent and warrant that you will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, including but not limited to attempting or actually (a) disrupting, impairing or otherwise interfering with the operation or integrity of the Site or circumventing any Site security system; (b) collecting any information about other users of the website; or (c) systematically extracting content or other information or data contained in the website to populate databases or other sites.
Certain hyperlinks or referenced websites on the website may for your convenience forward you to third parties' websites, which generally are recognized by their top level domain name. Any descriptions of, references to, or links to other products, publications or services does not constitute an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship by or affiliation with AllianzGI US and the fund with respect to any linked site or its sponsor, unless expressly stated by AllianzGI US and the fund. Any such information, products or sites have not necessarily been reviewed by AllianzGI US and the fund and are provided or maintained by third parties over whom AllianzGI US and the fund exercises no control. AllianzGI US and the fund expressly disclaim any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, and/or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on these third-party sites. AllianzGI US and the fund reserve the right to terminate any hyperlink or hyperlinking program at any time.
The fund collects non-public personal information about its shareholders from the following sources:
- Information it receives from shareholders on applications and other forms; and
- Information about shareholder transactions with the fund.
The fund's policy is not to disclose non-public personal information about its shareholders to non-affiliated third parties (other than disclosures permitted by law).
The fund restricts access to non-public personal information about its shareholders to those agents of the fund that need to know that information to provide products or services to shareholders. The fund maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal standards to guard its shareholders' non-public personal information.
Data Protection Notice
You should not submit any confidential or proprietary information via the website. All information or material submitted through the website will be deemed to be the property of AllianzGI US and the fund. By submitting any information or material to us through the website, you grant us an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information. You also agree that AllianzGI US and the fund are free to use for any purpose any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you submit to us through the Site. AllianzGI US and the fund shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding submitted information, except as agreed by AllianzGI US and the fund having a direct customer relationship or as otherwise specifically agreed or required by law.
The content of this website is owned or licensed by AllianzGI US, the fund, and its third-party information providers and is protected by applicable copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and/or other intellectual property law with all rights reserved. Such content is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Accordingly, you may not copy, distribute, modify, post, frame or deep link this Site, including any text, graphics, video, audio, software code, user interface design, or logos in any manner without the express written consent of AllianzGI US and the fund. You may download material displayed on this website for your personal use provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not sell, distribute, publish, broadcast, circulate, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of this website for public or commercial purposes, including all text, images, audio, and video, without express written permission of AllianzGI US and the fund. Modification or use of the materials for any other purpose violates intellectual property rights of AllianzGI US and the fund. Nothing on this website shall be construed as granting a license or right to use any image, trademark, service mark or logo, which is the property of AllianzGI US, the fund or its third-party information providers. AllianzGI US, the fund and such third party information providers reserve all rights with respect to its and their proprietary information or material at this website and will enforce such rights to the full extent of applicable copyright and trademark law.